HID Headlight

Vendors looking to sell motorcycle-related products please keep your listings here. Any attempt to sell products outside of this forum may result in loss of forum privileges.

Re: HID Headlight

Postby NDAna » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:34 am

New vendor- Prices have dropped by $20
now $65 paid by check or MO and $70 if using PayPal due to their fees.
Thanks
NDAna

Bike: '04 Honda VTX 1800 / '81 Suzi GS850

Advertisement

Postby TASSY5 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:59 pm

NDAna,

What are the chances of you knowing where I can get large chrome silver bullet style HID driving lights I can put on my VTX1800 to mount by my foot controls?

I have Your HID kit on my bike From Bare. He suggested you might be able to assist me with this question or where I can go for assistance.
Only thing i found I could possibly use besides Halogen driving lights was Custom Dynamics Cool LED driving lights that are 3 lED lights in white in a silver bullet that put out comparable to 55 wats of light. Just want it to look like my HID headlight in color and function.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Sean aka TASSY5
Four Wheels move the Body,Two Wheels moves the Soul.

Red Sled II

www.bareasschoppers.com
My pics and videos are at www.photobucket.com Member TASSY5
TASSY5

Bike: 2007 VTX 1800 F Spec 3

Postby NDAna » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:12 pm

TASSY5 wrote:NDAna,

What are the chances of you knowing where I can get large chrome silver bullet style HID driving lights I can put on my VTX1800 to mount by my foot controls?

I have Your HID kit on my bike From Bare. He suggested you might be able to assist me with this question or where I can go for assistance.
Only thing i found I could possibly use besides Halogen driving lights was Custom Dynamics Cool LED driving lights that are 3 lED lights in white in a silver bullet that put out comparable to 55 wats of light. Just want it to look like my HID headlight in color and function.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Sean aka TASSY5

Wish I could be of help here but have not really done any research on the accessory housings. Have seen some nice looking units in the J&P catalog but cannot really recommend anything. Would look for assembly that use H3 bulbs. Would think 35w would be plenty for the aux lights. Am running large silver bullets with LED myself. Don't need light down the road - Just want to be seen.
NDAna

Postby TASSY5 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:40 am

Thanks for the fast reply, Mike/Bare said you were a great guy to deal with.

I appreciate your assistance :thumb:

Red Sled II

www.bareasschoppers.com
TASSY5

Postby Bareass172 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:37 am

NDAna wrote:Would look for assembly that use H3 bulbs. Would think 35w would be plenty for the aux lights. Am running large silver bullets with LED myself. Don't need light down the road - Just want to be seen.

With your HID light he's in the same boat, he doesn't really need the extra light down the road, he just wants the extra visibility. The H3 route was something I had thought about too. I know that when we'd talked in the past you had mentioned you were considering dealing in some other accessory lights too, that's why I thought it would be good to ask.

Thanks for the reply. :thumb:
Bareass172
Site Admin

Bike: 2002 Honda VTX 1800C

Postby TASSY5 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:51 pm

What about LED bullet light like the ones from custom dynamics ore from another company? How would they compare with light equality rather then looking different in color or under or over brightness compared tithe Hid on the bike??

Red Sled II

www.bareasschoppers.com
TASSY5

Postby NDAna » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:10 am

If you get some Silver Bullets I can hook you up with a source for some LEDs for them. Pretty easy mod.
NDAna

Postby TASSY5 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:01 am

Thanks for the offer. I just have to decide which way I'm gonna go.

Red Sled II

www.bareasschoppers.com
TASSY5

Postby Bareass172 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:36 pm

NDAna wrote:If you get some Silver Bullets I can hook you up with a source for some LEDs for them. Pretty easy mod.

I have a set of silver bullets, I'd be interested in this if you don't mind... If you don't want to clutter your sale post then just start another thread somewhere or I can move the replies from this thread into their own - whatever is easiest for you.

Thanks in advance. ;)
Bareass172
Site Admin

Bike: 2002 Honda VTX 1800C

Postby NDAna » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:48 pm

Bareass172 wrote:
NDAna wrote:If you get some Silver Bullets I can hook you up with a source for some LEDs for them. Pretty easy mod.

I have a set of silver bullets, I'd be interested in this if you don't mind... If you don't want to clutter your sale post then just start another thread somewhere or I can move the replies from this thread into their own - whatever is easiest for you.

Thanks in advance. ;)

Glad to hook you up Mike. Will get info to you.
NDAna

Previous

Return to Motorcycle-Related Vendors Only