Slidell Bike Night

Plan motorcycle rides and events, discuss favorite roads to ride, post pictures afterwards

Slidell Bike Night

Postby Skammer » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:51 pm

I know it's last minute, but I am making the ride to Slidell tonight with some guys from work, if anyone it interested in coming out. :beer:
"Why do I have to be Mr. Pink?"

Skammer

Bike: 2002/Honda/VTXc

Advertisement

Re: Slidell Bike Night

Postby Bareass172 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:44 pm

I'm in, weather permitting... :rain:
Bareass172
Site Admin

Bike: 2002 Honda VTX 1800C

Postby Skammer » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:19 am

The weather held, and I was able to meet up with Bare, Tassy, and a bunch of guys from Gulfport. Good times, and want to do it again soon! :beer:
"Why do I have to be Mr. Pink?"

Skammer

Bike: 2002/Honda/VTXc

Postby Bareass172 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:07 pm

Almost like old times, lol... :beer:
Bareass172
Site Admin

Postby twogunsll » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:54 pm

HEY guys, Does slidell still have the bike nights at south side cafe? I thought they stop having them? Where else is there a good bike night?
twogunsll

Bike: 2002 VTX 1800 C

Postby Bareass172 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:12 am

We're at the end of the season for bike nights at South Side. I don't know exactly when they stop, but it's soon. I actually haven't been to a Wednesday night there in awhile because the nights were getting kinda dead over there without a lot of familiar faces. I usually hit the Silver Slipper on Thursdays now instead, but that is also coming to an end this week (this Thursday is the last one). If you're interested in going with us this last week then drop me an email or a PM and I'll give you the info on where we meet, it's always the more the merrier. :thumb:

Other than that, I know that other bike nights exist out here but I just haven't found them all yet. The bike nights in Metairie (Wednesday at the Pit Stop or the Camp) go year round if you're not one of those guys who doesn't like riding long in the cold. :elated:
Bareass172
Site Admin

Postby twogunsll » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:39 pm

Hey my friend, I dont mind riding in the cold even though I'm getting old (57)lol. I just hate riding alone, and Meterie is a long ride for me from Picayune,MS. By myself. I would like to have a friend that I could ride with sometimes. Like u said, the more the merrier. I love riding with a small or large group of guys and gals. It's way more fun that way. I don't think I will make it to the slipper thursday, 4:30 AM comes quick and I gotta work Fri. I'm a welder/fitter in a shipyard in slidell so cold isn't the problem. I work outside year round, and it can get pretty cold on the water. But I want to thank you very much for inviting me to ride with yall. I would like to meet you one day, you sound like a pretty good old boy. Thanks for everything bareass Mike.
twogunsll

Postby Bareass172 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:27 pm

Bike night at the slipper ended last Thursday, I will say that it may not be as bad as you think as far as time. Obviously it won't matter until the spring when bike night starts up there again, but we usually meet at 5:30 to ride out there and hang out, grab a burger and the guys usually want to head home by about 8:30-9:00. Some of the guys who come with have to get back to St. Bernard and Franklinton, so late isn't usually a problem.

I also found out from talking with everyone last week that the bike nights at South Side Cafe have also ended. This doesn't mean you still can't go out there on a Wednesday, but I can tell you from experience that you better bring your own crowd or you'll be standing there alone. :elated:

Regardless, the Metairie bike nights continue on Wednesdays. I don't usually go down there because it seems there's always something going on for me that makes getting away for the entire evening difficult, but I have been wanting to just to catch up with friends who I haven't seen since I moved to Slidell. A friend of mine usually goes down there every week and he always welcomes others to ride along. I'll try to get him to jump in on this thread to give you the specifics if you're interested. ;)
Bareass172
Site Admin

Postby twogunsll » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:55 pm

Hey Bare, It's you I would like to meet sometime to start with. I would like to thank you personally for all the help you been giving me. As far as the wed. bike night in metairie, I dont think that I could make that one either on the week night unless I dont plan to go to work in the morning. So you moved to slidell from New Orleans did you?I think that was a good move. I work in slidell right at hwy11 and pontchartrain Blvd. right by the Bayou Liberty Bridge, at least till they start laying us off. Things are getting very slow and not looking too good for the future. I would like to donate to your website but would like to send you a check personally. I would set you up as a payee on my online bill pay account, I Dont want to use a credit card, I owe them people too much now. Anyway, thanks for all the info on the bike nights. I would love too meet with yall to go to the Slipper when they start up again. OK, enough blabbering. Talk to you later friend.....Twoguns.
twogunsll

Postby Bareass172 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:05 pm

I figured you'd say that about the Metairie bike nights, they do usually run late just because of the travel time back and forth. Last year I was in the habit of still hitting the South Side Cafe on Wednesdays well into the winter after their "official" bike nights had ended - but this was mostly because I was meeting people and it gave us a nice place to gather, grab a burger, etc so it didn't really matter if it was an "official" bike night or not. Since last year most of the guys I had been going with have had trouble getting out of the house as often, so we stopped going so regularly. If we ever plan to go I'll drop you a PM or something so you can meet up with us if you choose.

I assume you work at Textron? When you mentioned your job I kinda thought it might be at Textron. One of my neighbors works there and another one of my neighbors just retired from there. I've even been looking at what jobs they have available just in case a good opportunity pops up.

Keep in mind that I work on bikes, so if you ever need anything done get with me - tire changes, service, parts, whatever you need I can help you out. Next time you need something get in touch with me and, if we haven't already met, that may be our opportunity to get together. ;)
Bareass172
Site Admin

Postby twogunsll » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:28 am

Bareass172 wrote:I figured you'd say that about the Metairie bike nights, they do usually run late just because of the travel time back and forth. Last year I was in the habit of still hitting the South Side Cafe on Wednesdays well into the winter after their "official" bike nights had ended - but this was mostly because I was meeting people and it gave us a nice place to gather, grab a burger, etc so it didn't really matter if it was an "official" bike night or not. Since last year most of the guys I had been going with have had trouble getting out of the house as often, so we stopped going so regularly. If we ever plan to go I'll drop you a PM or something so you can meet up with us if you choose.

I assume you work at Textron? When you mentioned your job I kinda thought it might be at Textron. One of my neighbors works there and another one of my neighbors just retired from there. I've even been looking at what jobs they have available just in case a good opportunity pops up.

Keep in mind that I work on bikes, so if you ever need anything done get with me - tire changes, service, parts, whatever you need I can help you out. Next time you need something get in touch with me and, if we haven't already met, that may be our opportunity to get together. ;)

Hey buddy, I would love to go next time yall heading out. Just PM me anytime. And sorry, but I don't work at Textron, wish I did. I work at a place called coastal marine contractors. They are just to the right before you go over the bayou liberty bridge, right next to that little boat yard. We are a small place also.Well,gotta go bro......later.....twoguns. PS. I know you worke on bikes from your profile, where it says occupation,
(You looking at it). I sure will look you up if I need youman, and thanks a lot............twoguns.
twogunsll

Postby Bareass172 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:14 am

twogunsll wrote:And sorry, but I don't work at Textron, wish I did. I work at a place called coastal marine contractors. They are just to the right before you go over the bayou liberty bridge, right next to that little boat yard. We are a small place also.

Certainly no need to apologize, when you mentioned the location I just assumed it was Textron since they are where 11 meets Ponchartrain and it's a place that employs a lot of welders.

Regardless, we'll catch up some day for sure. :thumb:
Bareass172
Site Admin

Return to Motorcycle Ride & Event Forum